Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Two at a Time

I'm reading two books simultaneously. The first is Charming the Highlander by Janet Chapman. Yes, it was purchased new & has languished in my TBR ever since. The opening scene in chapter one is heartbreaking, but it captured me completely even in the short time I waited for Son #2 to saunter out of school.

The second title I'm reading is Tales from the Scale by Erin J. Shea. It is a compilation of essays written by seven women, some of whom blogged about their weight loss before being published. By turns funny & heartbreaking, it is inspirational. If you, like me, are struggling with excess weight & want to be reminded that it can be done, this book might be for you.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I keep seeing Tales from the Scale in Target. I might have to get it sometime.

Anne E. said...

Actually, I've never heard of Tales from the Scale. As a member of WW, I'm intersted in hearing and reading what other women go through or have gone through with their weight. It is a constant battle...I've lost 20 pounds since August and have 15 more to go to my goal weight. There are women who post on the WW board who have 100, or even 200, pounds to lose and I honor them for their committment.