Friday, February 17, 2006

Worthless Blog

AG had a link to a blog that gives your site a dollar value via Technorati. Mine is totally valueless! Absolutely zero. Glad to know all of these entries are a worthwhile way to spend my time. *Insert sarcastic smirk here*

I think it's funny, honestly. I blog to share my love of book hoarding, reading, book shopping, writing..you get the picture. The idea of assigning a dollar value to my thoughts feels like trying to put a value on my book collection or reading diary. These things are priceless to me! I guess valuation is good if you're an author or a businessman trying to build customers or similar reasons. For me, though, blogging saves my sanity.

I managed to completely embarrass my Daughter the other day. I was parked in the kiss & ride area waiting for her when 'Gold-digger' by Kanye West came on. Now as a rule I am too uptight to listen to & enjoy a lot of hip hop- except Outkast & Blackeyed Peas, but I really like this song. So anyway, daughter melted into a hissing embarrassed puddle when I refused to let her turn it down. "MOM! YOU'RE EMBARASSING ME!!" O.M.G. I laughed so hard I nearly wet my pants. Then Eminem came on & after that Blackeyed Peas. Her life is officially over.

6 comments:

Jenster said...

Isn't humiliating teenagers part of being a good parent? I thought I read that in the handbook...

And just so you know, I don't think your blog is worthless. lol

Jen

Kristie (J) said...

And I don't think it's worthless either!!!! The heck with what he says.
FWIW - I tried it too and mine isn't worth very much either.

Anne E. said...

My blog is worthless too! I actually knew that already, because I assume it get few hits --unless people are reading it but not leaving comments. I enjoy reading your "worthless blog," Amanda, and I enjoy writing my reviews on my "worthless blog" as well. Write on!

Annette

Tara Marie said...

Jensters right, I look forward to embarassing Junior.

Some of my favorite blogs have no value, mine had value and I can't figure out how this thing works??

Anne E. said...

My take on this is that it depends upon the name of the blog and how many people post comments. Amanda and I get fewer comments, you get more -- I have three posts up now that are either reviews or lists of books and 0 comments have been posted. I don't know what makes the difference between a blog that gets lots of comments and one that doesn't. I thought that by posting more frequently, I would increase my "readership," but that as yet that hasn't happened. I am wondering about changing the name of my blog: "One Old Broad's Views of Life and Love and Literature." Think that might work?

Annette

Bookwormom said...

Thanks for the positive words, ladies! I appreciate it. I've no idea how the guy's site does the 'value'. Perhaps by number of Technorati sites linking to a particular blog? I don't know.

As to embarassing teens, some days it's just too easy. :)