Wednesday, March 01, 2006

This & That

Husband & I had a delicious lunch at La Madeleine. We each had the French dip. I thought the jus a bit salty, but Husband disagreed. The lunch portion is a bit large, IMO, especially as it includes a small side salad- but perhaps I'm quibbling. We brought the leftovers home for Son #1, who is seventeen & always hungry. The bakery, both for pastries & bread, is above average. My personal favorite is the Napoleon, although the windowpane cookies they bake this time of year are excellent as well. The coffees are unremarkable though.

As it happens, there is a bookstore beside La Madeleine. I bought the following:

1. Kiss of the Highwayman by Jenna Mindel

2.Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas

3.Fatal Attraction by Alicia Fields

I've been surfing the new RT website (link on sidebar), which I find less cumbersome, but others have complained the print is too small & the pages too busy.

I had my first mammo today. I'll have to say I don't think I've ever been quite so squished in my life. Not to mention it's 'that time' & I'm extra sensitive. The tech left red crescent shaped creases on my chest, for heaven's sake. However, my maternal grandmother died of breast cancer so I won't argue a few minutes discomfort for some peace of mind.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I had my first mammo today."

Good girl, Amanda!!

Jen

lost said...

red crescent shaped creases

Aww ... ((Amanda)) ...

Bob & Muffintop said...

Thanks for the good thoughts, ladies!

Bob & Muffintop said...

Anne E- THank you for the tip! Hopefully I'll remember next year.