Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Happy Tuesday to all

My Tuesday has been less profitable than I expected. First off- shhh...don't tell husband- I slept in until 9:45. I have no idea what the problem was. I remember waking up close to 6 & turning on BBC news. That's all I remember. I'm not sick & I'm nearly inert enough to qualify as a slug so tiredness doesn't enter into the picture. Don't tell Husband. He'll kill me out of jealousy.

Around noon I'm just setting up my sewing stuff when the Fed Ex guy shows up with a package & the Boy down the street is right behind him. Neighbor Boy stayed until 4 pm. Chatting. About movies, girlfriends, why Daughter needs to attend the boys' high school (so they can 'guard' her) & not the IB high school, the intricacies of his family genealogy, football (I hate football, ask anyone related to me. Whatever popped into his little redheaded brain. Don't get me wrong, I like him & he's an excellent conversationalist despite being sixteen. I deliberately didn't feed him, thinking that perhaps a lack of food would send him home. WRONG. Finally I convinced him he needed to look in on his little brother, who was supposed to be visiting another neighbor.

I managed to hem two pairs of pants. I need to add darts to a skirt in order to take in the waist. Rip out & replace a zipper on a pair of pants still needs doing. Made dinner. Oughta vacuum, clean bathroom, laundry. Maybe tomorrow. Then again, Husband is off tomorrow & I rarely get household chores done if he's here.

1 comment:

Bob & Muffintop said...

He never used to be a regular visitor. As I mentioned previously, he & his brother live with their single mom. I think he visits whenever the boys are out of school & she's at work.

My theory is that he's lonely or having a rough spot. I don't know. He's a good kid.