Thursday, December 29, 2005

Developing Alzheimer's

I probably shouldn't say this in public, but I've been so forgetful of what exactly one needs to sew a basic pattern I've had to make two separate trips to the store to pick up things I initially forgot to buy the first time. Things like interfacing, thread, buttons.

Well, the thread wasn't my fault, I did have thread. Until Son #2 used an entire spool to make a spider web out of mardi gras beads across his room. Naturally I didn't remember this until I'd returned from a trip to the store.

In fact, I still don't have buttons. I want to use 'authentic' military issue olive drab green buttons. I'm making Beetle Bailey scrubs, as I'm sure you recall. I was sure Husband (remember him?) had some extra buttons stashed away in the last hoarde of military issue stuffed into our closet. No chance.

So here I sit, merrily sewing away in the off moments when I don't have to run out to the store to buy some long forgotten, lost supply that I formerly kept as a matter of routine.

1 comment:

Tara Marie said...

You are not alone--LOL.

Whenever I start a new sewing or craft project, I make a list and even with a list I forget stuff.

I wasn't like this before I had Anthony, so I'm assuming having children kills brain cells, the more kids, the more dead cells.

I bet the scrubs come out great!