Monday, December 26, 2005

Free at last, thank God almighty! No offense intended. However, I just dropped the children off with their paternal grandparents. They will be passed around among the relatives like so many hot potatoes for the next week. Meaning- Husband & I are all set to stare at each other across the livingroom & wonder at the quiet, the lack of clutter & the clean kitchen full of food.

I plan to do some long postponed mending & hope to begin a cross stitch project. I want to make Husband some scrub tops. I just bought three yards of Beetle Bailey fabric- & got home to realize I'd lost the pattern. After lunch I'll go back out to get one. Hopefully he'll agree to classic Batman & possibly Dagwood although Husband wants coordinating bottoms as well. I'm going to wait on the fabric for the bottoms. Plain fabrics mainly although I did agree to make Husband a set of camo scrubs. Hancock Fabrics here in my area has a thirty percent off of Sunday comics patterned cotton ( Family Circle, Blondie & Dagwood, Beetle Bailey, etc.) through the seventh according to the clerk.

3 comments:

alibug said...

You didn't seem too forlorn when you said to pass them around. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to send them to you for extended periods.

Bookwormom said...

Not forlorn at all. Treasuring the time we have to ourselves. Remembering what adults only households are like.

I hope your #1 Son will be ready to visit for long weekends soon. We'll have great times!

Tara Marie said...

Peace and quiet sounds lovely.

Anthony has Vacation Bible School tomorrow, they're having a Birthday Party for Jesus, pizza and cake. And, I get 3 hours of freedom which doesn't sound like much, but some of the Moms are heading for Brunch, we can't wait.