Saturday, April 01, 2006

Review: Silver's Bane

I finished this late last night, so I hope it fulfills Angie's challenge! *trying to sneak in under the wire*

Title: Silver's Bane (second in a two book series)

Author: Anne Kelleher

Year published: June 2005

Why did you get this book? I wanted to see how the Luna titles fell- truly a hybrid of romance & fantasy or more of one than the other. This series falls more toward the fantasy side than the romance side, IMO.

Do you like the cover? Yes

Did you enjoy the book? Very much so

Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again? Yes, Anne Kelleher is new to me and, yes, I'm likely to read another title by her.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping

Anything else?
The story arcs very strongly across both books, and they must be read in order. The peak of the action was in the end third or fourth of the first book, so Silver's Bane continues the action & then presents a conclusion.

It's actually a bit vague at the end, to be truthful. Superficially, each storyline is wrapped up, but there are specific bits left out that I'd like to have known exactly what was what. Beyond that I can't say without spoilers. Definitely an autor to watch, IMO.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... ive' been reading your blog with interest. i am so glad you enjoyed my story.

would you mind emailing me at anniekelleher@aol.com and letting me know which bits you thought were vague? :)