Saturday, June 24, 2006

New Books

I went to Borders last night. After much contemplation I brought home four new books.

A Gentleman by Any Other Name by Kasey Michaels features two of my favorite themes, one of which is governesses. Kasey Michaels is a new to me author.

Some Like it Hot by Deborah Raleigh. I've read quite a few of her traditional Regencies & enjoyed them & discovered I missed the 'regular' Regencies she wrote. However, Borders only had this one.

Maidensong, the debut work by Diana Groe. I've picked it up & put it back twice. I read a few pages & Maidensong reminds me of the sagas from loong ago. Vikings & a Strong Heroine. Travel. Need I Say more?!

Duchess of Fifth Avenue by Ruth Ryan Langan. How I've missed Ms. Langan I don't know. DOFA is her 85th book. Lots of people out there enjoy her books, hopefully I'll be one of them. Orphan Irishwoman wants to gain custody of her best friend's son upon the death of the friend. Problem- she needs to hoodwink the court into giving him to her. For that she needs help.

2 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

The only one I've read is the Michaels - but I loovvveeed that one

Bob & Muffintop said...

Thanks for the info Kristie!!