Saturday, June 10, 2006

Mother's Work

Is never done. Really. The family calendar this weekend is crammed to the last minute with events. A woman may even be forced to skip her beloved afternoon siesta! It's a crime, I tell you.

Daughter's Sunday school class is ramping up for their pilgrimage next summer. Opening event- ginormous rummage sale today. The fun & exciting program opens Thursday afternoon with the inital table set up & sorting of the mountain of crap- I mean treasures. Thursday we were there for just over three hours. Another hour or more Friday night.

Today the older kids are volunteering at Faux House all day (see Thursday's post). Which entails a forty five minute drive one way. Son #2, Husband & I worked the actual sale at church from about 10am to 2pm. At the end of which time, I discover our trunk full of goodies. A 10 gallon fishtank. An empty computer tower housing (don't ask, steam is still coming out of my ears on that purchase). A few more books because Husband says his goal is to sink the house into the ground due to book hoarding. A few really nice clothing purchases- camel suede leather suit coat from Gucci, a Givenchy leather purse among other items. We left before the real fun began- carting the leftovers to Goodwill.

Husband is off to fetch the older kids from Faux House. Dinner has yet to be cooked. Tomorrow is church, then the annual parish picnic. After that I get to supervise the usual weekend chores- laundry, changing sheets, vaccuuming bedrooms. I was going to say homework, but at this stage I figure it's the end of the year. No more homework.

Meantime we're DVR'ing whichever World Cup matches are on, which isn't nearly enough to please the Husband. I guess I ought not complain- at least it's a quiet activity with no driving involved. The third leg of the Triple Crown, the Belmont Stakes, are on this afternoon; also DVR'd for later viewing pleasure. I doubt I've enough brain cells still awake enough to read.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda!! I'm finally back to the blogs.

Just reading about your weekend is exhausting me. While you're being so productive, would you like to come help me go through boxes???

What are you reading right now? I'm reading "The Trouble with Harry" by Katie McAlister. It's not going well and I'm not sure if it's because I'm so busy and my mind is wandering elsewhere or if it's just not what I'm wanting right now. But I'm halfway through so I will endeavor to perservere!!

Jen

Bob & Muffintop said...

Jen- I'd love to come help you unpack! Seriously, nothing motiv ates me faster than packing boxes. Exactly how far into PA are you anyway?

Anonymous said...

We're about 10 miles or so north of Valley Forge. So not too far.

Jen