Friday, April 01, 2005

Mythology, kites & rainy weekends

Ok, I've picked a few romances to keep me busy this weekend. Greek God at the Ladies' Club by Jenna McKnight. Aphrodite's Passion by Julie Kenner. Goddess by Mistake by P. C. Cast. They all sound light- which is exactly what I need this weekend.

It's supposed to rain tropical style all weekend here, so my original plans to drag the kids to the Smithsonian Kite Festival tomorrow are likely slashed. Ditto planting the 8 boxes of summer bulbs I bought last weekend. The kids, of course, want to go "malling". Yuck. I'm in desparate need of fresh air & light & wind. Maybe I'll take them for a hike. I really wanted to see the kites. They're bright & cheerful & nearly touch heaven soaring way up in the blue. Perhaps they cheer God up too! lol :)

I've started Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Solution. This is the first Dr. Phil book I've ever read. His ghostwriter manages to capture his tone & "voice" quite well. That alone makes the book worth reading, lol. I'm only two chapters into it so far, so we'll see how it evolves. I'm faithfully answering his questions though- I can hear his voice in my head! It's kinda creepy.

So- no more delaying. Off to the gym & then back here to sit on my keister & surf all night!

Amanda

No comments: