Monday, March 28, 2005

Finally reading again

Well, have decided to continue on with the Fat Girl's Guide to Life by Wendy Shanker. It's quite good. Ms. Shanker reveals several facts about commonly held, mass media supported myths which seem to be grounded in sand (ie: not as firmly founded science as one might hope for) & she is kind enough to annotate her book too... Ms. Shanker also has quite a lot to say about the well known weight loss program at Duke University. Makes me glad I'm poor & unable to pay for such a program! So far, however, she has not mentioned the Framingham Heart Study. It is long term & well regarded. Perhaps it'll be mentioned further into the book. It is an unusual oversight in an otherwise well researched book.
I hope Ms. Shanker plans to write more, her touch is deft & insightful, while also funny. Meanwhile, I believe the mystery kick is over. The romances neatly piled into the hoarde known as my TBR pile are calling my name. Just which one to begin with remains the problem though. Solvable tomorrow I'm sure.

3 comments:

Tara Marie said...

Hi Amanda, welcome back. Your family has been in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm glad to hear your romance TBR pile is calling to you. I hope you don't mind but I've posted a link from my blog to yours.

While blogging over the last couple of days I discovered a couple of sites you might find entertaining:

overheardlines.blogspot.com/
pixyland.org/peterpan/

I have to try and figure out how to post links as part of the text. The pixyland.org site came from mcvane. I can't remember where I found the other. Let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

And have you chosen your romance book?? What is it?

I hope your weekend is much more peaceful than the last. Great blog, by the way!!

Anonymous said...

Sad to say I just got back from a bowling tournament and decided to log in and do some websurfing. I love your blog. It had some very good laughs. I am doing a paper on simply weight loss and have been downloading information for the last hour. I don?t know how I came across your blog but I am glad I did. It has set me back a little because I have spent the last hour reading your archives. If you don?t mind I would like to add you to my favorites so I can back again and read some more. Well I need to get back to simply weight loss. I am almost finished with it. Great job.

p.s some very good points on your blog