Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Catching Up

Still here everyone. There was a family crisis & Son #2 & I made an unexpected trip out of town at the last minute. All is well now, thank heaven!

Anyhow, as a result, I've no new ideas to offer or comments to make since I haven't had time to keep up with everyone & everything going on in Romancelandia or blogland.

Reading Night Embrace by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I definitely see Kristie(J)'s point about the heroes all being similar, but after thinking it over a little I remember Kenyon has set the series up so that the Dark Hunters are 'made' by the Gods when the Dark Hunters experience very strong negative emotions (grief, vengeance, anger, etc). I agree that this could all blend together after a while, but I personally like the heroine's challenge of trying to nurture a person who is emotionally stuck or who is initially cold. I do not read too many of this archtype in a row, though, because they wear on you.

I hope all has been well in your world over the last few days.

No comments: