Thursday, June 02, 2005

Volcanic library noodles

Went to a library sale near the kids' dentist & found a couple of interesting hardcovers, which cost me the whopping sum of $1. Krakatoa by Simon Winchester and Along the Edge of America by Peter Jenkins are both in excellent condition &, hopefully, will be good reads. Then again, for $1 I suppose it doesn't matter much. There were no romances or mysteries which surprised me, but there was quite a large selection of titles in different Asian languages as well as Spanish. I hadn't realized it, but the library & the dentist are in a large immigrant community. I'm glad the library system is reaching out to the local community even in this time of belt tightening. There is a Vietnamese noodle shop across from the library which looks yummy & I shall have to try some next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
»