Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Vampires, lite

I finished Love Bites by Lynsay Sands today. What a hoot! I thought this one was much funnier than the other two I read. Of course, that might be because I've been under the weather. Still- laugh out loud jollies were heard several times today. I appreciate Sands' vampires because they enjoy & appreciate & accept who they are. The vampires aren't looking for love to save their immortal souls or redeem their inherent evil.

I can accept love dramatically changing a person for the better. Enhancing your
best characteristics (& sometimes your worst). Not redeeming your immortal soul. At least as far as vampires go anyway. I want the hero & heroine to be reasonably comfortable with who they are (whatever species, human or vampire or whatever), but save the redemption of souls for other genres.

No comments: