Friday, May 06, 2005

Friday rambles

First off, just want to share my happiness that a friend has come through surgery well & is recovering at home just in time for her family to clelebrate Mother's Day with her! Congratulations & a complete recovery to you, my dear!!

For anyone still curious about the mystery book at Borders- it was a business book I'd ordered for hubby. :( Nothing fun at all, I'm afraid. I did buy A Thousand Days in Venice. I skimmed it in the store & it sounds glorious! I also bought The Companion by Susan Squires. Maybe not quite so glorious, but I do love Susan Squires.

OK, whine ahead...

It has gotten too d!@#$d cold here!! It's nearly Mother's Day for heaven's sake. We've had frost warnings two nights in a row & the kids have fussed in the mornings because the house is too cold. Their cheap mother, you see, has turned off the heat since & I quote, "It's May, darnit. Spring is here!" My poor summer bulbs are warmer in the refrigerator than they would be in the ground. I told you I wasn't procrastinating! LOL

Anyway, happy reading this weekend. Happy Mother's Day & I hope your family remembered that the best gift is a trip to a bookstore!

3 comments:

Angry Woman said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Yeah, it's cold here in Jersey too. Freezing my butt off and I still have my fireplace on. I think spring just doesn't exist on the East Coast anymore.

Amy

Tara Marie said...

Hey, we had frost last night, now that's cold for May.

Have a great Mother's Day.

sybil said...

Ohhh tell us what you think of The Companion by Susan Squires, I have been thinking of picking it up but am still not sure.

I have never read her before.