Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Chicklits & S. Abe

I was tagged by Tara over at Romance Reading Mom. Am too tired now to answer properly, but will answer tomorrow.

There was also an excellent post at Smart Bitches about Chick Lit. Good? Bad? Indifferent? I've decided not to tar them all with the same paint brush, but I'm unsure I really need/want/ought to enlarge my already overburdened TBR with more books. Entirely separate matter-nearly all of them are QP size & therefore much more $$. So, judgement suspended indefinitely except for something called Luscious Lemon by H. Swain; Cause Celeb by H. Fielding & Rachel's Holiday by *damn* I've drawn a blank. Marian Keyes?

Intimate Enemies by Shana Abe was excellent. The heroine was a touch on the self-sacrificing side & the hero pulled a stupid at almost the last moment, but was redeemed at the end with all being neatly tied up in pretty tartan bows. Seriously though, this was well done, rounded & thankfully lacking in 'dialect' (a pet peeve).

No comments: