Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Yesterday's back to school celebration was cut short due to torrential rainfall, school buses that wouldn't start & thus were an hour + late &, well, you understand I'm sure. Yesterday was also our 19th anniversary & Husband cooked us a YUMMY peppercorn crusted steak, pilaf & broccoli au gratin dinner topped off with fresh strawberries & melted chocolate. In bed. Needless to say- it was quite a day.

Today has been clear & sunny & the buses were on time (thank heavens). Husband is off & woke up at dawn's early light to get the coffee & showers started. Today has been much better.

I finished Byzantium this morning. I'll post my thoughts tomorrow. My preorder from Amazon arrived this afternoon. The new Feehan & Ward books were in the box. I think the Liz Curtis Higgs I borrowed from the library will have to wait now. Also- it is a retelling of the Esau story from the Bible & I'munsure how much I like that idea. So I think Feehan is next than Ward & then the LCH.

5 comments:

Jenster said...

Ooooo! Major points for hubby!!!! Happy Anniversary.

Was the LCH book "Thorn in My Heart" (first book in the series)? The entire series is very losely based on Jacob, Rachel & Leah - which of course includes Esau. It's not irreverent or sacreligious, but it's also no everyone's cuppa tea.

I've been putting off getting into Ward or Feehan. That whole "too many books, too little time" thing. Ward is really starting to intrigue me, though. I may end up breaking down.

Oh, I don't know what to do!

Anyway, hope your day is going well. :o)

Jen

CindyS said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Your hubby cooks!? *swoon*

Mine knows how to cook but I think we're in a stale mate on who should cook so he thinks nothing of microwaving a dinner. Yetch.

The stalemate is in it's 9th year. I think I'm winning ;)

CindyS

Tara Marie said...

Happy Anniversary!!

I'm with Jen, huge points for the hubby.

...topped off with fresh strawberries & melted chocolate. In bed.

Hmmm, I think I'm blushing--LOL.

Bob & Muffintop said...

Thanks for the congrats Ladies. I still can't believe it has been so long. I can't believe how young we were & how many stupid things we fought about. I suppose most newlyweds are like that. I can't imagine making different choices. And yes- the strawberries & chocolate were worth blushing over. LOL

Jenster said...

And yes- the strawberries & chocolate were worth blushing over.

I think I might be jealous! lol

As for those stupid things you fought about when you were newlyweds - yeah. I think we can all say that. :o)
Jen