Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Haircut saga, part 3

"Why didn't you warn me over the phone you were going to get your haircut?"


"I did call you first, but you were with a patient & never got my message."


"But that was yesterday."


"Yes, dear. I got my hair cut yesterday."


He whips around to look at me over his shoulder."YOU DID?! YESTERDAY!!" Not yelling. Shocked. "Did you keep your ponytail so I can have it as a memento?"


"Umm..actually I'd planned to donate it to Locks of Love, but I guess you can have it.." I don't mention that I find this creepy & weird.


"No, I don't really want it. You have beautiful hair & some little kid will have a gorgeous wig with your help."

2 comments:

Jenster said...

**sniff** What a guy, Amanda! I know you didn't do this for me, but you and Tara and so many other ladies just continue to overwhelm me. I know I keep using that word, but it's the best one I can think of to describe how you all make me feel.

Your husband is right. Some little kid is going to be so happy to have that hair!

Jen

Bookwormom said...

I tried to do it earlier this summer, Jen, but I wimped out. This time I just did it & don't regret it at all. For you & for another friend who has a recurrance of breast cancer after five years free. Hope your Turkey day was great!