Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday 13 #21- Birds at my Feeder

A few months ago I began keeping a list of birds I see at my feeders on my front porch. I've one feeder I keep filled with a 'no waste', seed heart mix which I really like because it helps keep the mess down. Every little bit helps, I think. I also have one suet feeder. Not very much by any standard, but I get quite a bit of traffic out there! I changed feeder types, which cut down dramatically on the starlings hogging it all. THe Carolina Wren doesn't eat at the feeder, it holds on to the metal railings and pecks the seeds off of a pair of dead chrysanthemums on the porch. The result of which, is I've left the dried up plants out there for him to eat. I hope he likes them. They're ugly.

1. Red bellied woodpeckers
2. Yellow bellied sapsuckers
3. Starlings
4. European Starlings
5. House Finches
6. Song Sparrows
7. White Breasted Nuthatches
8. Mourning Doves
9. Downy Woodpeckers
10. Tufted Titmice
11. Carolina Chickadees
12. Carolina Wren
13. House sparrows

Click link above (in title) to see a page listing other TT participants. Leave a link in the comments and I'll link to you.

No comments: