Friday, October 28, 2005

For Jenster from RT

I don't post over there anymore, but I was there today & saw your message. One of the most difficult things about being in a cyber community is that I can't actually help my friends in person. I have to settle for prayers & messages & trying to keep in touch via email & message boards & blogs, etc. I have continued to pray for you & your family as you have walked such a difficult & painful path.

I'm afraid I don't have anything original to say- only cliches. Take it one day at a time. Be brave enough & humble enough to ask for help when you need it. One day when you're more settled we'll have to meet somewhere & have coffee & browse all day in a bookstore spending our children's college accounts.

My favorite prayer for the sick is the following (from the Book of Common Prayer, 1979):

O Father of mercies and God of all comfort, our only help in time of need: We humbly beseech you to behold, visit & relieve your sick servant for whom our prayers are desired. Look upon her with the eyes of your mercy; comfort her with a sense of your goodness; preserve her from the temptations of the enemy; and give her patience under her affliction. In your good time, restore her to health, and enable her to lead the residue of her life in your fear, and to your glory; and grant that finally she may dwell with youin life everlasting; through Jesus CHrist our Lord. Amen

I'll pray for you a regular basis, until you let everyone know you're healed & settled & are ready to let go & move on.

Hugs & prayers & love to you & yours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet. Thank you, Amanda.

One of the things I DO like about these cyberfriendships is that I can be completely myself. Not that I don't have friends I can be completely myself with, but sometimes I just don't want to. I guess I'm not so good on the vulnerability part. lol.

And yes. We definitely need to get together for a book browse and a bite to eat when I'm all settled up there!

Jen

Bob & Muffintop said...

You're most welcome, Jen.