Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Murphy's Law, parenting version

Lovely day today. No, really. *snort*

Took the 3 cherubs to the dentist. 2 are fine, oldest has gingivitis. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm. Now he needs to be watched like a hawk. We all know the drill~ brush, floss & gargle with Listerine & flouride rinse. Oldest is a 16 year old male. Time together in the bathroom? Ewwww.

Discover for a heartstopping 30 minutes that my checkbook has vanished. To say completely freaked out is not an understatement. I've had to deal with check fraud previously, it is no joke. Call the bank immediately & put a hold on a certain run of check numbers. Oldest child (gingivitis teen) goes out to the car looking for something else & finds checkbook wedged tightly in loose edging & seat.

Take refuge in the house with our newly replaced air conditioner. Decide the better part of valor is to take a nap. YUM.

Awaken & discover youngest child has stolen $5 out of my wallet to buy stuff at the grocery store. Send child to bed without supper after a serious 'whuppin' as my grandmother would have called it. I do not practice corpral punishment as a method of discipline. In some serious cases I think a little pain helps the memory. This particular child finds it hard to evolve out of the 'I WANT IT NOW' stage of child development. Somehow I foresee lots of extra chores for the next 5 days.

So here I am, mercifully at the end of another day, chatting with you. I hope your day was less humid, less aggravating & more peaceful.

3 comments:

lost said...

*giggle* One of my brothers nicked a fiver from my mum's shopping kitty, and he paid a big price for that. :D I was awful, sitting by the window to gloat at my brother who had to mow the back garden [no one liked to do it because a) midges, b) it was big, and c) did I mention midges?]. That black scowl is priceless, one of my favourite childhood memories. :D

I hope it didn't stress you out so much, though. Ack. Yay! for finding the chequebook! ;)

Bob & Muffintop said...

I wasn't stressed for too long. Older son calmed me down by sitting me in front of the air conditioning vent with a diet coke & a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup packet.

Do they have Reese's in Britain Maili? They are peanut butter rounds covered in milk chocolate.

Anonymous said...

I thought gingivitis was for us older folks! Just tell him that it causes bad breath and the girls won't want anything to do with him. Then again, around that age my brother decided that aftershave was to be used as a body spray. I'm five years older than he is and I didn't have the heart to tell him that the cologne was killing people in a 5 block radius ;)

I scooped change out of my parents change tray to buy penny candies on the way to school. They probably knew but, they never brought it up. I'd ask them but they still scare me...and I'm 34.

Isn't it wonderful when you have your kid trained to calm you down. My dh knows, chocolate and a book and I'm back to normal!

CindyS (came by way of Maili)