Friday, July 01, 2005

Just a tidbit of personal info- I am a complete professional cycling junkie. The Tour de France starts tomorrow. I'll be watching every spare moment for the next three weeks unless I absolutley must do something else. So, there may be odd, completely unbook related ravings here. Alternatively, if the race sucks I may be ranting & raving at the horribleness of the Goddess for not giving me reasons to scream at the tv like a lunatic (much like hubby during March madness, I might add).

Stolen library book update. If you remember, my mother showed up Wednesday morning & took our younger son & several of my library books away with her. *Sigh* She called me today- I was stuck in the notorious DC 4th of July traffic- I had the radio way, way up- & said, "Your library books are great I love them!" Then she hung up on me! WTF!!!! I hadn't even started them & she's raving about how wonderful they are. Actually, she's lucky I saw the phone blinking. The guy in the car beside me & I were enjoying U2's 'One' together as we inched along I95. Great stuff. The music that is. Not the traffic.

No idea what we're doing for the famous 4th. Most likely we'll rush up the GW Parkway just in time to see the fireworks. Hubby has to work. Maybe this weekend we'll return to the Folklife Festival to see Paul Prudhomme, photo here in case you're unsure of who he is.

2 comments:

Bob & Muffintop said...

It has been pretty toasty up here, but not nearly what you're enduring. The day we went up to the Mall it was in the 90's. Summer is for taking refuge in the freezing cold AC!

Anonymous said...

If a fountain bird bath is out of your budget, consider creating your own fountain. Something as simple as a bucket with a hole drilled in the bottom positioned over top of your existing bird bath works just as great as expensive fountain bird bath, although it may not be quite as aesthetically pleasing. Find out more about copper bird bath