Saturday, January 13, 2007

Food for Thought

Dreams
by Langston Hughes


Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.



My Heart Leaps Up
by William Wordsworth


My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hey-- thanks for the encouragement (and for mentioning our blog!) That latest blog was more like a cumulative AAAAGGGGHH than an attempt to entertain the online community. I've been reading more about clicker training and behavior modification and I can see progress on some of his bad habits, like pants-nipping and leash-grabbing.

Training Linus also involves REtraining myself from my need for immediate gratification!

Bob & Muffintop said...

Hi Megan- parenting puppies sounds remarkably similar to raising children. lol Best wishes & keep those cute photos coming!