Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Downward Mobility

IIRC, early in January I set an informal goal of beating last year's book total by at least one. After checking my previous posts, it seems I didn't actually make a published list of annual reading goals. Thank goodness~ I had 20/20 foresight didn't I? It'd be nice if I could do that (have accurate foresight) with stocks, though. LOL ;)

Last year I read 104 books, thus making this year's goal 105 or better. That means a minimum of 12 titles per month with one month 13. Even at my fastest I usually only manage 10 or so titles in four weeks. I don't think I'm gonna make it. Even to break 100 means 10 a month between now and Christmas. I'm unsure I'll make it, TBH. I hope so. I'd like to. I'll be disappointed if I don't. I'm trying hard to be realistic and honest though.

So I'm revising my goal to ..man this a toughie. To what? I'm mentally stuck on 100. As though that's some sort of magic number or something. SO.. OK 100 it is. That's still 10 per month. Starting now. Guess I'd better goet off the 'net and get reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

100 books a year! Wow

CindyS said...

Hmmm, I have a fondness for the number 80 but I'll be lucky to log a book a month at the rate I'm going. For the first 6 months I was trying a lot of new authors but now I just want to read my auto-buy authors and I only have two. If they published 40 books before the end of the year you better believe I would read them!

Yep, I need to branch out even more.

CindyS