Monday, October 18, 2010

Annus Horribilis

You guys know that the title phrase comes from HM Queen Elizabeth, right? It means horrible year in Latin.


So much has happened this year- not much of it fun or happy, I'm afraid. I've not read a single book to the end. I've gotten about half way through & given up on quite a few. I associate my blog with happiness & fun but my personal life isn't matching up and I can't figure out how to blog here while 1) not reading and 2) feeling very unhappy & stressed. Thus I'm on hiatus.

I'm really sad. This is my 5th year blogging. I should be celebrating.


funny pictures-love me.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

7 comments:

Louise said...

Hey, I'm truly sorry to hear this. I have not been on hiatus as such, and neither is anything "wrong", I am simply too busy to blog, and I do not get as much read as I would've liked.

I really hope you will feel better soon. And hopefully feel like both reading and blogging again. As long as those things are not fun, then one should not do them

All the best

Susan said...

I'm sorry things are so hard for you right now. Quite a few bloggers are not able to be on their blogs this year, either. I haven't been the most reliable either. I love it though, so I'm finding my way to what I want to write about. I hope one day you are able to come back. In any case, I wish you well and I truly hope some good things come into your life to balance the stress and bad things. Take care!

Bob & Muffintop said...

Good Morning Ladies~

Thank you for the good wishes. I was so happy to see responses in my email this morning! It occurred to me that perhaps if I just tried to post a couple times a week about random stuff maybe I'd feel better. Visiting other people's blogs once in a while.Maybe I'm ready to leave my cave once in a while.

:) Amanda

Maggie's mom said...

Baby steps sweetie. You'll feel better soon. Hugs

Jenster said...

Hey Amanda. I'm so sorry to hear about your bad year. I really hope things get better and less stressed for you.

Bob & Muffintop said...

Thanks for the good wishes, ladies.

sybil said...

Yes babysteps

more of us need to be back sez me *g*